Thread: LM24 Race Lack of Nighttime Broadcasting
View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3066231)   #12
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Two things:
1. In 2004, my first Le Mans, I remember the camera at poste 60bis (driver's left at the second chicane) working during my midnight to 3 am shift at 61. I haven't seen it the last two years.

2. I have noticed a trend toward decreasing the lights in the turns. In 2004 my night shift was closer to a suntan session, while in 2011 only the turn-in and exit were lit. Aside from the fact that the turn-in lights are aimed so 61's lead station is blinded (which is okay, since we started wearing sunglasses for the P1 LEDs anyway) I like it better with much of the chicane in at least half-dark. Like GT6 said, the glowing brake discs are lovely.

I think we should get Rooftop Ray to come over from the US -- he did great night camera work at the Daytona 24.

keke