View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2009, 07:50 (Ref:2532321)   #58
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the one organizor/sub contractor one is an interesting one and all I guess ties in with cut off's. Races are totally democratic in so much as the competitor will dictate its success.
I personally feel that late 70's early 80's will become a natural cut off for tin tops as it is difficult to get too passionate about a Sierra 500 etc and other series (sports racers and single seaters) due to the running costs. Euroboss covers 90's F1 already and Formula Renault etc are still being run in formula libre series.
The difficulty that Silverstone Classic has over Monaco, Goodwood and Le Mans is that it has no unique selling point so needs to rely on the support of the series - for that reason I believe it does need the layers, whether that is finacially viable is a different conversation and only time will tell. If I was the organizor I would try and make the infield sufficiently strong that the racing becomes more diluted as an income stream reducing reliance on it and therefore reducing negotiating power of the series...