Thread: FWD set-up
View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3476890)   #4
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been there done that . After umpteen years competing in RWD , I went to a FWD [ in International tarmac rallies ] . It was a culture shock , & took a long time before I could get it to do anything near what I wanted .

So a few thoughts .
With what you have , it would usually want a lot softer compound tyres on the rear than on the front .
As Gordon said , testing , & only changing 1 thing at a time is very important .
A tyre pyrometer is a very good idea for checking across the tyre surface to see if it working correctly , that will give a good idea on correct pressures , camber & if the suspension is set anywhere near correct .

From your settings I would personally go in the direction of trying [ 1 thing at a time ] softening [ disconnecting ] the front sway bar to see if helps for more positive steering .
Checking front tyre temps across the width of the tread to check front camber , [ 2 1/2 deg might be too much ] .
Reducing the castor , 7 deg does sound a lot & might be the reason the front feels vague .

Those & trying slight changes to toe in - toe out etc will all take a lot of testing , but it could make things feel nicer & give more confidence in the handling .