View Single Post
Old 17 Oct 2017, 05:33 (Ref:3774602)   #63
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Hamilton is by far a better driver than Vettel. If you cannot acknowledge that then you simply must have your head up your...
Well I can't acknowledge that. I think the two are both great drivers, the main blemish for Vettel was being beaten by Ricciardo in his last year at RB. But then, Hamilton got beat last year by Rosberg and also had Jense outscore him in their years together. I do think Hamilton has developed into a guy that just doesn't make mistakes or off days anymore. It's not often you see him makes mistakes in qualy, hence all his poles.

Seb, still not at that point and prone to doing silly things like wrecking post-race. He'll often stuff up qualifying. But you don't win 4 consecutive titles by being a driver far inferior to another driver that was beaten by his team mate to the title.

The Singapore incident, to be honest he didn't hit Verstappen. He did the Schuey chop but it was Verstappens knee-jerk reaction that ended up causing the big crash.

Both Hamilton and Vettel can do some fantastic on edge laps, probably more so Vettel at taking that car to the limit and beyond. Hamilton just hasn't needed to in recent years. He seems to get the speed out of it without hardly trying. I guess they've just developed that thing around him and poor Bottas can drive as hard as he can but won't do the time at the end of the lap.

At this point in their careers I do think Hamilton has the edge over Vettel, but it's close.

I do wonder what sort of lead Ferrari would have in the title race if Alonso was in the team.

I'd love to see Verstappen team mate to either one of them, see if he can beat them.