View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3478333)   #5
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatanut View Post
While I thought the restrictions on the development of the power unit (right after making a huge change to the spec), was stupid from the first I learned of it, that was the rules everybody entered the competition under. To depart from that would be changing the rules in the middle of the game, which Mercedes would be right to be upset about.
I thought it would end up like this because there was no room for anyone to provide an equaliser so the problems were going to be problems all year.

However Mercedes have done the best job. If Honda have an advantage in 2015 will Mercedes change their mind?
The rules are the rules they signed up to but they always want to change them to suit themselves. Mercedes is not selfish nor cowardly. they are in a competition and you play by the rules.... That is what they are doing. Competing. They just did it better in 2014 than anyone else did.

You wouldn't give your competitors an advantage by changing the rules in their favour in any other competition so why here?

We would like more equal engines but not a cost/development war so any change to the rules has to incremental and very carefully considered.