View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2017, 18:34 (Ref:3759791)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Mike, if you read Bonham's blurb through to the end, it is apparent that some mods have been done to the car since '63, such as, for example, larger brakes and wheels.

However, I do get what you are saying but if anyone wants to race the old girl, and win, they'll do the same as has been done to the Cortinas, etc.
Not sure I believe the blurb. Ford homologated front discs for the car which were fitted during the '63 season. According to Jack's biography (2008) the car still retained those brakes. Wheels? No idea but look very similar to the period photos.....

Anyway, I think it would be sacrilege if the car was to be turned into a modern racer. If I had the money I'd buy it and keep it as is! I know that's what the great man would want. And Galaxies don't appear competitive against Falcons and Mustangs nowadays, unless a Goody special.....

And apologies for spelling Galaxie with a 'y' earlier. Wasn't concentrating!