View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2017, 08:11 (Ref:3724098)   #11
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
If you can't manage a race weekend, then the circuit is open as a public (two way) road every other day of the year, so you can do slow laps. Its nothing like the Nordschleife in that regard.
To clarify, the speed limit is 60km/h and it is rabidly enforced at The Mountain.

Still trust me when I say coming down the hill at 60km/h is bloody awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
As a 'consolation' of sorts, Phillip Island is a fantastic circuit to drive around at speed, easily the best 'other' in the country. It is worth the effort in my opinion to do the Island. The Queensland options that you have listed aren't really great, but that's all there is.
The sites like RedBalloon and such might have track days to arrive and drive, by the likes of Fasttrack Racing and so on. Having had a quick look, there are some options for V8 cars, Formula Fords and Radicals at QR and Sandown, but nothing at Philip Island, and you are not going to get change from $500-$800 for around 10 laps I would suggest.