Thread: ACO Interest
View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3782486)   #45
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Why can't we enjoy both for what it is? I love LMP1 (including hybrids). I also love DPi. LMP1 isn't right for IMSA, and DPi isn't right for WEC. They're very different and both awesome in their own ways. They also both have huge downsides. Just enjoy both.
I agree. Now that DPi are real prototypes and not the tube framed DP Grand Am era cars I agree! Do I miss the ALMS? Yes. But the reality is DPi has depth and diversity (look at the heavy hitter teams just like ALMS 2006-07) and I would argue it is better than WEC P2. Plus the Euro teams are starting to come over again for the big races. I am happy to be proven wrong about the "merger" of Grand Am and the ALMS. The united series was terrible for a couple of years but is now really finding its' stride. Racing is a huge part of my life so I am so happy to see a healthy IMSA once again. I will be attending Daytona, my first IMSA race since 2014 when I attended 3 and did not enjoy the rules, officiating, BoP, terrible announcers, lucky dog wave-bys DP cars, etc. I left all of them angry.