Thread: WEC Ginetta LMP1
View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2018, 15:23 (Ref:3792695)   #223
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You can't buy Oreca from the shelf yet, Rebellion will be their 'special customer'. When Dragonspeed wanted to commit to Oreca they only had vague "we'll see I don't know" answers for supplying, which isn't exactly convincing and which is why they went elsewhere

So realistically that only leaves Ginetta and Dallara (well I guess also CLM) and while the Italian outfit sure was quicker to get things going and not screw around, I don't think it's particularly any safer choice... their build quality in LMP2 has also been just as shaky as Ginetta's in LMP3

Hopefully all of these chassis - incl Oreca - make it to the collective 30 hour test at HTTT