Old 25 Aug 2011, 04:18 (Ref:2945436)   #22
Count 'Johnny' Spinoza
Rookie

United Kingdom
South London
Count 'Johnny' Spinoza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi elitemotorsport

Be convinced.

As you probably know, the Global was originally designed for the R6 engine and was later upgraded to take the early carb’d R1 variant. In both cases, the Global relied upon the stock Yamaha water/oil heat exchanger and – even if you can find somewhere sensible to put an air/oil heat exchanger – there are still doubts that the Global can shift the heat from the later, much more powerful, variants.

The Global also suffers from a lack of space for things like rear diffusers but it is, very, very light if it is built carefully. One car that I have weighed is 399kg (wet, excluding driver) which is ~ 50kg lighter than any other car on the grid so, even with a weedy old carb’d R1, Globals could turn 11’s at the old Snett and give the slow to middling Radicals a run for their money.

On the subject of Bikesports, if the 750 can get their house in order, I do think that Bikesports can be THE place to race and develop bike engined sports racing cars and – without going through the pain of being Formula Rep – I have had some discussions with them on how they might achieve that.

Obviously, bringing new cars and manufacturers to the grid is a part of that but - before I started designing or building a car - I’d take a long hard look at this:

http://www.stohr.com/html/dsr.html

If you haven’t already done so.