Thread: Official 2017 Fantasy Season Review
View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3784788)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've been asked about the possibility of being able to change Constructors or Power Unit providers mid season in addition to Driver changes.

Allowing changes to the constructor or the power unit is something that has been looked at several times over the years. On each occasion it has been rejected as there are limited combinations of unique teams available within the pricing and real world rules.
I accept that recent years the numbers doing the Fantasy comp have dropped into the low 20s when they have been as high as the mid 30s, but the real world rules have been altered in that time as well.
There was a time when half the fantasy entrants would have the 2 Mercedes driver and the other half with Mercedes chassis and power units.

Next season there will only be 4 PUs to select from Renault, Tag Heuer, Mercedes and Ferrari (unless someone else announces a PU badge sponsor) - in 2017 there was 5 as I counted the 2016 engine in the Sauber as a separate unit. So the number of combination available will be reduced.

I do have a few ideas regarding possibilities to change things a bit, but it's early stages and I"m still messing with this years results to see what differences it would have made had it been implemented.