View Single Post
Old 15 May 2008, 19:08 (Ref:2203353)   #90
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
And as for being prettier, pah! I think the Lola A1GP chassis is the prettiest single seater since the 7UP sponsored Jordan ('91 i think?), the recent F1 cars do nothing for me asthetically, and i have been bored more times by F1 races in the last 3 years than i have A1 races, including ones i've marshalled at!
That however, is entirely a matter of opinion. I refused to watch the first season of A1GP because I couldn't get over how butt-ugly the cars were, I thought (and still think) they look ridiculous.

Now, true, the spectacle was good, and I particularly like the way it gives opportunities to drivers who don't have enourmous sums of money.

Personally, I'm all for the new Ferrari. I think it looks really good (although I would have kept the angled front wing-supports, just as a distinction), the speed advantage will definately be an attraction, and if the tyre's are up to it, the racing should be close as well.

I find it strange so much of the talk here is focused on the aero; the switch in tyres will probably have at least as much of an effect on racing. For starters, its the aero vs mechanical grip ratio that turbulence effects, so if the tyres are proportionally grippier next year than this year...

Also, the wear rates of the tyres should have an effect. Different set-up's and driving styles causing different amounts of wear/grip leads to changable races, leading to overtaking.