View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3746075)   #170
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way I see it, long term, the first question to answer is what do VASC want, and what do the teams that are currently invested in VASC want? First and foremost, do they want to continue in the current mode of building cars up from scratch, or do they want to buy customer cars? What rules and control parts could VASC set in place if going down the build-our-own path

If they do want to build their own, that pretty much rules out "pure" GT3 and "pure" TCR, as both utilise customer cars manufactured almost entirely in Europe. In my opinion GT3/GT4 should not be in the VASC picture anyway as the evolution has always been down the touring car path. Let sports/GT cars continue in their own right.

Also, if building our own, Oz Touring Cars via VASC have pretty much been independent of the rest of the world since group A finished. So why not continue down that path? 2 doors or 4 doors should not be an issue - it should be more about interior space and/or wheelbase. Set those limitations, and the vehicles then define themselves. Manufacturer involvement? I don't know; did MARC require approval from Ford and Mazda before going down their path? Power and engine type? That's a big issue, with various paths that could be followed. Then there's control parts - reduce them, or leave as they are? BoP, parity, or neither?

It's not going to be an easy jigsaw to put together.