Thread: Allan Simonsen
View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3269014)   #45
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As others have already said, utterly tragic - and that it should happen at Le Mans makes it all the more shocking for me. RIP Allan.
I just heard about this last evening. I didn't have internet access throughout the weekend, hence my late response to everything. I was watching the race from the main grandstands when the accident occurred... thankfully not at Tertre Rouge. I didn't think anything of it, probably because I couldn't see the screen that well and it didn't seem like too big of a hit. My mom actually called me from back in TX to tell me about it and that's the first I heard of it. Absolutely tragic news... and that it happened at Le Mans is even more shocking, I agree. We all thought the worst when Anthony Davidson and Piergiuseppe Perazzini crashed last year and when Rockenfeller and McNish crashed in 2011... but this was so early into the race and therefore so shocking. RIP my friend...