View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3263200)   #58
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
As a motorsport fan, I was offended at Hamilton's initial presence in F1. As a principle, I don't think F1 teams should be sponsoring youngers drivers (under 22?), and definitely not making their path easier. How they get to F1 is a part of the process of being a hardened pro, imo. However...
Sorry, but that is nonsense. A team can do what it likes to bring a driver through. I don't believe there is any inherent advantage in starting at the back.

Red Bull took on Vettel when he was under 22 btw. What an odd age to select, funnily enough exactly Hamilton's age when he started in F1. What a coincidence. Oh and he started his F1 career in a BMW and a very competitive, Newey designed and Ferrari engined STR. The school of hard knocks has another graduate!