View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2019, 16:20 (Ref:3914452)   #25
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i was 21/22 in 98...and must admit im kind of curious to know how old the rest of you were in the season you picked.
I was very nearly 40 by the time the 2009 season finished, and I had been watching F1 since 1982 (or the age of 11-12, if you prefer). 2009 was still the best season I can recall - the surprise of the Brawn, the technical shenanigans, the appeals, Button managing to frighten Vettel off the road in Canada (which seems terribly familar, can't think why) and the team just about holding on to the championship on a shoestring budget* by the end of the year.

Fairytales haven't happened in F1 for a while, before or since.

*yes, I know, I know, there was the Honda money, but still.