View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2008, 17:29 (Ref:2271670)   #68
Jeff Barley
Racer

Jeff Barley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin thomas
to jeff barley Blue and silver camaro was ex jack brabham celebrity car. used by me for club events in the late 1960's later converted to G2 car for British saloon car championship and sold to Ali Hussien later went on to Clive Baker he does not know what happened to car . it was similar to my Ovaltine/ flame out car which i kept and restored This was sold to John Shoesmith and he is using it in the Heritage series . I hope to drive this car at a exhibition 3 laps at a \BTCC round for publicity for the 50 yrs of the British Touring Car championship
Hi Martin.. long time no "speak".. just realised its getting on for some 10 months since I last logged onto 10-10ths so apologies for not noticing your earlier posting!
Thanks for the info.. I recall you mentioning before that my car was an ex-celebrity car, but had forgotten that you had driven it in club events.. i assume that was in 67-68 (?) but can you tell me the colour scheme and also whether it had a cage fitted in those races? (ie before G2?)
I didn't realise (if I read you correctly) that you had then then converted it to a G2 car .. that being the case, can you tell me under which one of your Group2 cars it became?..