View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2002, 09:24 (Ref:319445)   #20
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, JPM has the most number of poles, and the most number of fastest laps (in races) so far this season... I'd say he's better over one lap than Michael. But Michael is better (so far) over a race distance. But that also has got to do with the fact that JPM's equipment keeps breaking when he's in those positions to threaten Michael (for example Brazil (OK, someone else broke it for him) and Indy last year, Canada this year). To me, Williams' problems seem to have more to do with tyres (they seem to come on and off) and lack of engine reliability, than aero. But then again, I'm no technical expert.

I hope Michael doesn't retire, because I love the duels JPM/TGF. We're watching two great drivers in action, make no mistake about it. The old master, Michael Schumacher, with four World Championships and 59 GP victories, versus the up and coming Juan Pablo Montoya, with just the one GP win to his name so far, but destined to be just as great as TGF, if not greater. I want to watch these two battle it out on the track, for race wins and championships, in a close-fought battle. But for that to happen, JPM's bad luck will have to stop. We were robbed of a great duel in Canada.

Last edited by R; 23 Jun 2002 at 09:37.