View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2841008)   #67
KLR93
Rookie

New Zealand
Whangarei
KLR93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A new era of touring car racing in NZ.

So long as the Supertourer class maintains a uniqueness against the V8supercars it will retain the popular elements of the current series and grow alot further.

People who get into the NZV8s currently do so because its different from any other v8 category, the only main similairitys being ford and holden, and even then there is bugger all manufacturer input. At Hamilton when the NZV8s come out the supercar fans smirk at the old shells and expect rookie racing carnage. After lap 2 without fail their opinion changes as they realise the quality of racing.

But at the end of the day, most of the top drivers are all in falcons on the basis of a competitive package. The holdens have struggled for a while now and it isnt attractive to sponsors or the casual punter.

In the long term the new Supertourer should be cost effective, the panels and parts will always be in stock and to spec without having to source donor cars or trailering the car down to the local panel beater. If we can get old taxis and cop cars to race for this long surely a new purpose built chassis is going to last and provide just the same.

My hope is that race formats are enjoyable, the racing is close and has passing, and that 7 liters give my ears an orgasm
A well promoted series will also stand out from the rest, as if i havent stressed that enough across many forums.

Personaly the only gripe so far from me is no H pattern, missed gears are part of the racing!

Kenny.

Last edited by KLR93; 6 Mar 2011 at 13:13.