View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2018, 06:32 (Ref:3793922)   #6086
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by roderick View Post
Logical thinking but this wont be happening.
As far as I am aware, to make this car reliable enough to be sold to consumer. Toyota will need to remake the whole engine, Hybrid system(
Motor and battery), regulation with Japanese vehicle law etc. another word, nothing will stay in the car...lol

But I have no doubt that once the car is out, it will be worthy to take it on track!
Why? Japanese vehicle laws say you can't make/sell a hybrid exotic? Especially considering the hit it was at TAS and winning an award. Making it reliable shouldn't be a problem, since it's most likely not going to be ran at Le Mans by customers Mercedes is doing something similar with their project one using an f1 engine with some modifications. I like this car more a little more than the GT-One. I find it very reminiscent of it though, the 4 headlights, the inner fender cutouts.

@Japanese Samurai, is the as-books article just those preview pages? It seems like it's numbered at the bottom so just a two-page article. Anything new?