Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2014, 22:52 (Ref:3368584)   #266
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
I think it is quite clear how some of us on here (sadly, a minority I suspect ) would like F1 to be, and other series too from my point of view, and that is, something like car racing was in the 80's and 90's. Pretty much all car racing was good during that time.
I'm looking forward to the 2014 season though, because of the rule changes, only because it's likely that the cars will be more difficult to drive, even when teams get a better "handle" on the new machines. For how long though? who knows.
I am not enamoured with all the attempts to be "green", and the sort of spec formula which F1 has become. It seems too geared towards manufacturers wishes than to proper race-team wishes. I don't think F1 is the place to play "green"and develop road cars, long-distance sportscar racing is the better place for all that stuff.
With the fuel used by the F1 "show" in all the air travel throughout a year, what's the point of the fuel metering? Does it really make more than a drop in the ocean difference in the green scheme of things? I haven't bothered to research that so I may be way off kilter on that.

Anyway, I can still enjoy watching (on screen) the proper cars thanks to youtube etc, and will keep hoping that the rule changes in F1 keep changing until it's proper racing again and drivers drive.