Thread: SuperUtes
View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2016, 06:59 (Ref:3685808)   #70
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
SuperUtes

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
not everyone can afford a million dollars to go GT3 racing.

Some people just want to have a bit of fun in something reasonably affordable and reasonable competitive without a lot of stress while giving there business some attention in front of large crowds. thus we have classes like this that the common person can relate to it

I'm one of those common people as are you and GT3 is a lot more relatable then a V8 Supercar these days. At least the vast majority of GT3 cars run the same engine one would in the street car unlike Supercars. It's a testimony to the series marketing or more likely how ignorant people are when most casual fans still think the Supercars run a modified road car engine which GT3 do (with the exception of the Camaro for one).

I've watched the Ssangyong series before, I found them mildly entertaining but certainly didn't make me want to go out and buy one.

A field full of diesel pickups doesn't do anything for me, the appeal of the V8 Utes for me was noise and spectacle along with actually wanting to buy one. Rangers, BT50s etc, I don't care for them-they don't have the same noise and drama, why would I want to watch them on a racetrack?