View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 2016, 23:53 (Ref:3691276)   #28
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I don't agree it would be underwhelming. An engine failure is a pretty dramatic and obvious failure. Apart from that, there may have been a lot of unknown (to the general public) small failures/inconveniences that were far less dramatic and not race-ending, but may have cost may points - for either driver.

I think you don't become a champion by luck alone. Especially not in these days of super-reliability.

At this moment both have 9 times. Not all of these 9 wins have come from luck alone. And that's equally true for Lewis' 9 wins.
Nico qualified in the top 2 for every single event, and assuming Lewis wins tomorrow he has just a single race wins less than Lewis, so he must have done something right?

I can't call that underwhelming.
Also since Malaysia Nico has not raced Lewis wheel to wheel.He can now win the title without doing this and would be worried about Lewis emulating his hero Senna and trying to take him out.Better to have him in front where he can see him.I think his biggest risk now is if Lewis tries to back him up in the race.It will then be up to the team to run pit stop strategy to prevent this.Or maybe Lewis will be content with win but no title.(Really?).