View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3700504)   #52
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A number of people are assuming that Liberty will be taking over, and that that will be a good idea; I have my doubts.

They will have to borrow significant funds to effect this purchase, possibly up to 90% of the purchase price, and that is not a good place to start. In fact it reminds me of the German media company (EM Tv) that controlled FOM for a very limited time until their debts dragged it down, which led to the banks having to take control.

Apart from that, there are already three investigations in the pipeline over this takeover, the most serious threat being the one being initiated by the EU.

I think that it's far from being a done deal.