Thread: WEC Kolles Prototype
View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3782652)   #1045
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
If Kolles have exclusivity on the Nissan-Cosworth V6, which I admit does surprise me......I would suspect Rebellion would therefore sway towards either Gibson or Judd........

for me the Gibson is the risky option by far, the fuel consumption and torque curve will be poor compared to the turbo engines......it will be a similar situation to when they ran the Toyota V8 NA engine......just a simple and easy option to install, but un-competitive on the track in comparison to the competition.

I would therefore suspect the Judd 5.5 V10 would be a well proven and reliable option, although the V10 does need a DI conversion.......I just dont see Rebellion teaming up with AER again, but perhaps I am wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I think Rebellion will go with Zytek, for the same reason Dragonspeed went for it with the BR... reliability will probably be more important in this first year than speed.

It might lack against the other engines, but if they indeed go with Oreca and it's anything like the previous three chassis, the design probably will supplement the power deficit

Anyway I still HOPE they pick Judd
The new ACO technical regulations for the LMP1 will be implemented an Equivalence of Technology between turbo compressed and normally aspirated engines (as done in the past between petrol and diesel).
I suppose that then the NA engines will be competitive.
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/f...ons-from-2018/