View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2006, 10:52 (Ref:1639689)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes Viva, I seem to recall Sytners car was prepared/run by Ted Grace (although I hadn't realised he was based in Pershore as Alex says).

Ted Grace had a long term association with Brian Yogi Muir (who partnered Frank and someone in the BS car IIRC), and as Alex E says going back to the CSL days (which is also what this guy I spoke to talked about) would probably confirm/explain the link bewtween touring car Bimmers, a man named Grace and this knowledgeable guy I was talking to in Pershore!!!!

It's a shame I didn't make a proper note to get hold of the guys details with that motorbike shop, he'd probably be a decent source of touring car history!! He's probably still there so I ought to pop over again and see if he'd like to become a member!!

Nice pics GTR Magic, Sytner ran two cars in 1984. One was his original from ;83 whicj I think got stacked at an '84 BTCC round and a newer car which he ran for the rest of the season and into '85 I think. David Sutherland (one of Frank's old S2000 rivals) drove the rebuilt older car for the last couple of BTCC rounds in '84. I think this is the car in your pics?

Alex, as John says if you've got further info on the 635 builds it would be good.