View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2007, 19:31 (Ref:1946644)   #34
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Are you sure that was the same car? What Cleland ran was a later model and it had a SB Chevy fitted, I thought it was a special sancioned and paid for by Vauxhall. The one Peter Barnes had was the same shape as that Rallycross car in the picture.
Think we might be getting at crossed purposes here- Cleland drove two cars in Thundersaloons.

If I've not got my wires crossed, Camaroz is talking about the Senator, which was an ex-Brock HDT Group C VK Commodore brought over to the UK around 1985 (as I remember, when the Thundersaloon programme was announced in the press, it was still in Marlboro HDT colours) .

After GM Dealersport sold this on in 1987 or so (think to Peter Stevens?), it was replaced by the Carlton, which was the car built by Dave Cook's outfit.

Just a thought, if Peter Barnes' car was the same shape as the Rallycross VL in the pics on the last page, by any chance could the Barnes car be the ex-Mike O'Brien BTCC Commodore...?