Thread: WEC New Perrin LMP1 !
View Single Post
Old 24 May 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3252849)   #69
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Oh , like the P2 Snobeck displayed at Le Mans a few years ago ..... and the Bailey . Nothing happened racewise anyway .
True - this is a lot less ready than either of those two...

That said, for something to reach the grid there probably has to be an array of efforts that don't make it - efforts that teach people what not to do, that give engineers experience in figuring what to do, that give suppliers a stream of work that keep them going.

In that light it's great to see the Perrin, even it all it does directly is to feature in the list of sportscars that never raced; and if it does more, gets to the stage of say the Bailey, or even rolls around like the Protran of 2006, or Lavaggi of 2007, or Euzkadi of 2008 then if I'm lucky enough to see it I'll cheer and smile in just the same way I cheered for those cars.