Thread: Olivk's tracks
View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2013, 04:29 (Ref:3289098)   #10
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivk View Post
Bad luck here's the next one An old idea that's been sketched a few times on paper.

Z-Ring is located right next to Zurich international airport, an area that's already noisy. The land plot is currently used by military as a training field and since i prefer motorsports to military stuff i didn't have too bad feelings planing a racetrack there.

This track is a but under 4.5 km, it's fast with a wide variety of curves and turns. It can be splitted in 2, a shorter racetrack and a training track for example.

This track would be suited to host about any kind of race car categories except F1.

The lant plot has a slight slope of about 5 meters, the pit straight would be down and T6-T11T12 would be up.

Unfortunately at this time the airport-runway parallel to the pit straight is only used for landings mostly incomming in opposite direction, so no plane-car race
Funny, I believe I've driven right down that road to the north of the track before. Twice.

Zürich-Kloten Airport, good memories. Very fine place to put a racetrack indeed. I was just there in June and then in July so I have, er, first-hand experience without the layout. All in all, very good track. I love that triple-apex corner!

Of course, Zürich traffic can be horrendous (like as bad as Paris) so I'd expect getting in and out would be a nightmare. Not a bad place to be stuck, though.

Very good track! 9/10!