Thread: CSCC Oulton
View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2009, 07:53 (Ref:2485024)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
I think the point that was being made (and possibly misconstrued by some posters) is that the CSCC are running mini-enduro type races at the grass roots level of club racing.
[MOD] I know, my point was to demonstrate that one shouldn't set out to make comparisions, simply because it will be misconstrued and I've tried to make this point to certain posters previously. Don't forget, organisers read these threads too not just us posters. [/MOD]

FWIW Masters, CTCRC, GTS etc. are all club racing series or championships and therefore "grass roots", there is no difference in my book. If you accept that the cost to buy and build (say) a Griffith 400 is around 80k pst, then it really isn't grass roots is it? Yet there are Griffs running with CSCC. Again this is not a criticism, far from it but let's just be clear here, we are all club racers racing what we like, where we see the best benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6
Equipe GTS does not run to full FiA regs as a matter of fact but I'm sure they don't allow replica classics. Neither does HSCC for that matter and following some recent reg. changes neither is Masters but all that is irrelevant in this thread.
Correct.

Quote:
The point is that CSCC offer low cost VFM racing for a wide range of car types and specs. in a broadly historic format at a limited constrained level. My original point was that the Marshall's forum expressed that they did not like the longer races that CSCC put on and yet these to my mind as a racer are the appeal. I found it a strange sentiment from our friends in orange when there are so many other series/championships running longer races (as detailed by other contributors).
Yes, but this also depends on grid sizes too. I concur, longer races lead to more overtaking and better opportunities. In my case the old BTCC Group 1 races were often around 30 to 40 mins, therefore the Masters 45 mins is pretty much of a similar nature except now we have a pit stop etc.

Quote:
Just to put an even spin on these comments I am currently very happy with the way that the CSCC are running things and find their meetings to be excellent events but I am also building a car to run in full FIA AppK events so will soon be in good place to compare the merits of the reasonably priced vs. the "you're having a laugh!" entry fee race events.
FWIW I can't go to Magny Cours due to time constraints, so I've entered two 30 mins enduros at the MGCC Festival on the same weekend. I won't be racing against like cars unfortunately but will get significant track time for around the same cost per hour as I get from Masters.

Of course this VFM argument goes around all the time. IMO it is more about what you want to race and then find a club to provide the races. To suggest that one series is better than another for whatever reason is a preference thing and shouldn't appear in a thread celebrating what was apparently a great weekend at Oulton Park.