View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2015, 22:30 (Ref:3566240)   #12
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
It is hard to believe that Ryan Dalziel has never gotten/taken an offer from one of the factory teams in the sport. He is an awesome driver. Jordan Taylor is not really a GT driver apart from the one race he does every year with Corvette.
Just speculating, but perhaps he doesn't do a factory thing because it might limit his participation in other things? It seems like he has often had a few gigs going at once and a factory might expect him to limit his other running. In the Viper program he was only an endurance driver so I wouldn't really count that as a fully factory gig.

I've kinda wondered the same about Jeroen Bleekemolen. Always just figured he had too much fun driving all different kinds of stuff all over, to be tied down to one manufacturer.

As for Jordan Taylor, he was a GT driver before his DP outings, ran with Racer's Edge in their Rolex GT Mazda RX-8, and Autohaus in their Camaro. I believe he plonked one of the Z/28s on pole at VIR last year in a one-off in the CTSCC as well, so he's got GT experience and skill.