View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2015, 19:51 (Ref:3557091)   #11
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
I know it was a straight line test, but does that really mean that it's ok to send out a driver without a functioning steering column???
I don't believe that the report stated that the steering column was not functioning. What it said was that she complained that she couldn't use the clutch with the steering on full lock, not that it wastn't working.

The teams response was that she should not be needing to use full lock as it was a straight line test, obviously with minimal turning.

As others have said, I think that she (or her backers) bought this opportunity to drive the car, the team grabbed at the chance to capitalise, and she was unprepared for the test.