View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3238952)   #42
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
The ideal scenario for me would be for every race and qualifying session to be shown in full, on the BBC at stupid o'clock (early) and the Saturday & Sunday morning. (I do understand that for this to happen, 95% of the races would have to be re-scheduled to run at such unsociable times, whereas in reality Bernie is trying to make the opposite happen. I'm just explaining what would suit me).
I could then record the programmes, get up 2 hours before my wife, and watch them to my hearts content without being hoovered around, or in other subtle ways being made to feel guilty because I'm just sitting around watching TV!.
When race highlights & qualifying repeats are shown late afternoon, I have to avoid all radio & TV news and tread extremely carefully if I use the internet to avoid inadvertantly stumbling accross the result and often end up watching the coverage I've recorded finally late at night, quite often falling asleep before the end (but that's the fault of the red wine and no criticism of the commentary team or a lack of excitement in the race!)