View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2017, 11:46 (Ref:3752771)   #38
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I was grimly amused whilst he was attacking the press for rumourmongering, he studiously omitted to say he was staying until the end of the season.

And I've no problem keeping Palmer until the end of the season if it was me. He's no Max Verstappen but he has been dogged by some pretty nasty luck, so he deserves to complete the season.
If it was my decision I'd leave Palmer in for Hungary, see how Kubica gets on at the test then make a call for the rest of the season. If Kubica has a good test stick him in the car for the rest of the year (assuming he can get a licence). If Kubica is closer to Hulkenberg than Palmer sign Kubica up for next year, if he's not close then go for Sainz for next year. Either way Palmer is out on his arse next year - it just hasn't happened for him.