Thread: ST vs. S2000
View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2007, 10:10 (Ref:1809405)   #7
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Speed wise, the ST would win by a country mile. I imagine they would be a good 5 or so seconds faster over a single lap.

This is my only real grievance with S2000, the cars don't look *fast*.
They could solve this by slightly modifying the rules by doing the following...

- Fitting slightly wider tyres (faster around corners)
- Increasing the rev limit by 1000rpm (faster in a straight line)
- Reducing the overall minimum weights by a specified amount (100-200kg?) (Faster in a straight line and corners)
ST cars were faster on all tracks, but the difference differed from track to track. On some tracks, like Donington the S2000 cars were only about 2-3 seconds behind while on Thruxton they were 5-6 seconds behind, if we take BTCC as an example.

As for changing S2000:

Fitting wider tyres is the wrong way around. That would make the cars go even more unspectacular around a corner. Their wide tyres, for the HP ammount, is a problem. I've spoken to several S2000-drivers who feel the corner speeds are to high compared to their straightline speed/hp, they just throw their cars in to the corners.

Increasing revvlimit could be one way, but that could give some an unfair advantage since and increase costs too much. Perhaps increasing the engine size? It is a difficult chapter...

What we need are reduced costs and more spectacular racing.