Ola
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm, Sweden
Ola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySpeed
This looks fairly fast to me!

Admittedly, ST cars did look more 'mean' with lower ride heights and sunken wheel arches. It has taken me some time to get used to S2000 now, but it's become a universal format that works, unlike ST which was allowed to escalate ultimately to it's own death.
I don't think that was a Super Touring problem but rather a manufacturer problem. Costs are increasing with S2000 too, as manufacturers put more and more money into it.

Escalating costs is one of the big problems with touring car racing and I don't know if there is an universal fix to it.

I don't know or eve nargue that it would be a soltion. But I would like to see a FIA-controlled touring car regulation that would be "worldwide" i:e european (NASCAR and V8 Supercar have their own success and recipe). It would be something like:
RWD
3 litre six cylindered turbocharged engines 400 BHP
chassi

a bit like a "smaller DTM" regulation wherein different manufacturers could build and develop their cars like in DTM. Maybe that could be as spectacular as DTM is and Group A was and still be cheap and also have the advantage of a wide market with racingseries with the same regulations in several countries and a WTCC-series.