View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3322640)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
fair points and as usual spot on, but i just see it differently.

to me Joe is making a point that their culture (using the word to refer to their modern climate of bureaucracy and corruption) is preventing India from seeing the bigger picture that F1 can help them promote their country while not accounting for the fact that it is specifically their culture (using the word to refer to their 10K years worth of tradition) which is what is actually drawing visitors and business people to their country. they dont need an F1 sized megaphone to tell people to come visit the Taj Mahal for example.

Indian doesnt need to change for F1 and frankly F1 doesnt need to change for India either. its just not a good match.

personally i could do without this race but i dont need feel the need to paint India as a failed state because they appreciate their race about as much as we do. anyway, like Peat i also got the sense that thats what Joe was doing in his article and comments.