View Single Post
Old 12 May 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3536781)   #20
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Let me ask you a question: would you be interested in running in a IMSA GT3 sprint series (if that organized next year)? Why (not) and if so, what essential things does IMSA need to take care of?
Yes, very much so. I asked Atherton straight up if they were doing it next year and told him if they weren't, they should. I'm not sure if what he told me was on or off the record so I won't repeat it.

I think if IMSA runs it with the same people as the Tudor series it would be just fine. However, I don't think it'd be that easy as those people are very busy on the normal Tudor weekends so doubling their work load isn't really possible.

Overall, I think if there were more competition to get the GT3 cars/teams each series would do a better job. IMO, that's what we saw this year with IMSA getting the reality check after the **** show that was the start of the 2014 season for them. And I think we're seeing the same thing with PWC because they thought they could do whatever they wanted because nobody had other options.

IMSA is doing a lot of things rite at the moment. I was very impressed with the change in attitude and the complete show that was the Laguna weekend. Hopefully they can keep it up. And hopefully, PWC will address their issues in a similar way before they shoot themselves in both feet.

-mike