View Single Post
Old 13 May 2015, 15:58 (Ref:3537139)   #25
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With all due respect, guys, I doubt everything would be daisies and buttercups in an IMSA run GT3 series either.

Though this year may be improved from the atrocious 2014 season, there have already been issues in IMSA series.

-Unusual drive time rule enforcement from Daytona. Doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence for officiating consistency.

-Pit Stop debate. IMSA has basically ignored a call from many teams to better the safety in their pit stops by simply utilizing Le Mans style rules.

-Finally, whatever the case with the cautions (Always understood it was the tracks who hired the towing companies?), unlike PWC, IMSA still has no traveling safety team, despite widespread support among teams.

I don't mean to pick on IMSA, I just think folks should probably remember that an IMSA GT3 series may not be an improvement.

At any rate, I suppose this is a debate for a different thread.