View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3467429)   #35
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Awesome news about Turner, I read that they've already decided their drivers for next year. I'm guessing it'll be Paltula and Cameron and if that's indeed so then that'll be brilliant to watch.
Turner is a great team led by a really good guy in Will Turner. Everyone knows Cameron is stupid fast. Now pretty much everyone knows Palttala is Pro fast, even with his current FIA Silver ranking. And in full disclosure, I've talked with Will the last 2 seasons about running one of their Z4's in PWC (2014 before I agreed to the Ferrari deal and for 2015).

However, in the real world I don't know how they'd get the budget to run the cars from those 2 drivers. Palttala might bring a little bit, but not enough to run the car for the entire season and definitely not enough to support both cars. Since they're buying new cars I'd bet the intention is to rent them as a customer program to get their (Turner) money back. They're very good GT-A cars because unlike most of the other GT3's, they have yaw-control. Not Just ABS and TC.

-mike