View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2011, 18:32 (Ref:2998130)   #24
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_fan View Post
I think you are the naive one here!

GP3 and GP2 have been giving away extremely cheap tests this winter. Some teams in FR3.5 have been able to sell tests at full price I think but still there have been deals going on for the testing for them as well.
Perhaps you missed it but I wrote "teams and series IN DEMAND."

FR3.5 testing has been oversubscribed, with budgets of €15,000, even €20,000, being quoted per day. Many F3 teams are rammed out full for next week's annual tests in Valencia and Barcelona, prices usually around €8,000 per day. Good FR2.0 teams at around €5,000 per day.

F2 has announced three non-paying "prize" drivers (Malvern, Slaghekke, Fontana) and two paying God knows what (Liberati and Calamia). Other drivers report calls from them offering very cheap deals (like pay for the tyres only) to fill seats but prefer to drive FR2.0 or F3 at Valencia. Maybe they are about to announce a stellar testing line-up of drivers paying the proper price for the privilege. Or maybe they are not.

GP3 and GP2 teams are obligated to run cars at their official tests and, surprise, surprise, drivers take advantage of that!

Last edited by peebee2; 10 Dec 2011 at 18:38. Reason: gr.