View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3443169)   #5
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This challenge is merely fan fiction, I'm afraid, so theoretically, you designers can take the place in each and every direction you want to. Yet, I'd say it would be nice if the resulting design comes at low cost so this thread might become something that actually inspires the Verizon IndyCar Series to go to this location: A cheap solution is welcome for sure.

There are a few interesting videos of sports cars going around the Donnybrooke road course as it looks like today. I guess it would be OK for the drag strip and the to be designed circuit not to be simultaneously operational so that maybe the wall of the drag strip could become the pit wall.

I hope my answers are of any help to you with your designs, guys.

@Speeding Tortoise: You have made quite a big effort with your design. It looks stunning. Your solution of switching the racing direction around to accomodate the bridge problem is cool and saves a large portion of the budget to the other, more expensive changes your design includes. However, your plans of the infield section might be too much on the expensive side of things anyway for IndyCar's current business model. I like how you have made good use of the Competition Road Course loop but some of your S-curves might feel too much like chicanes. Yet, your design is quite racy, and I like that. Thank you for your contribution.