View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2015, 15:11 (Ref:3509291)   #56
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Indeed. Perhaps all historic race cars should be forced to run on Castrol R and doped fuel.

AMEN THAT!

Actually I have decided that the next 360 BBQ will be lite using Castrol R on the coals!!! ...no ifs no buts ...its the perfect complement to a salminela clad sausage or Ecoli wealding burger and bun! "mmm can I have some more of that Redex Ketchup please?"

I also agree...silenced racing is just WRONG (I remember the BC 24 hour at Silverstone a few years ago ....the excitement was the fog!) it was like listening to the Babyliss Boutique 2400w Power Dryer for professionals...quite sad

We do have a laugh the majority of the time...and I am gonna big em up a bit but JT and the legend that is Tim "IM A MISERABLE B***TARD AND PROUD" Falce do a fantastic job on this forum, you lot (moi excluded! ha ) can get all moody every now and then and they do (very fairly) keep ya all in check and let the forum flow which I think is a credit to them (Falce, Turner...the cheques better be in the post gentlemen.I think I've convinced Ryan, but JR's a different story)

Historic MS is the fastest growing sector of Motorsport period, but at this time in the year its all a bit lapse as AS was long ago, RR has now gone and everyone is waiting for the big off?

I love historic Motorsport racing, (but don't think it loves me!), but that doesn't change anything. I believe, in honesty, that too many people want to make money out of motorsport and that just aint gonna happen but thats why Jo etc are feeling the pinch and questioning if (given other interests) its worth it...YES IT IS...please continue Zef the sport would be a poorer place much poorer without the likes of you and the enthusiasts that love it so much, but we need to remember ...its a sport...its a pastime ...its for most a hobby and a great bit of fun....competitive but hopefully not to the extent of sleepless nights...and this forum...should be the same....nothing should be taken so seriously so as to upset those who contribute (be it by posting or just viewing) and surely we are all friends with one common interest...two wheels or four...we love HISTORIC RACING !!!!

ta
C

Last edited by MartinSmith; 26 Feb 2015 at 15:16.