View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3780419)   #58
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Max mentioned in his post-race comments, which you can see on formula1.com, that he wanted fastest lap; I suppose he also wanted to drive a well-handling car at that stage for pleasure. I don't know how much his lap times were dropping off, but he could have defended it from the angle of safety, but they haven't had the tyre failures Ferrari have previously had.

I don't agree with the Grosjean penalty either. He claims to have suffered a puncture. That being the case or not, the contact with Ocon was the result of him losing his car, not 'causing an avoidable accident' in the usual way. This sets an uneasy precedent for me. As a poster previously remarked, why not therefore handle Vettel one for Mexico?