Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2022, 19:39 (Ref:4108157)   #3928
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
4) Reduce or contain car mass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
Regarding point 5 though, the wording of it is slightly alarming: "Reduce or contain car mass". If they were very serious about reducing car mass they would have not included the word "contain". I'm afraid based on this wording, the ambitions regarding weight reduction will be limited and other aspects will be given priority.
I assume you meant item four instead of five. To make it more alarming they could have worded it in the reverse... "Contain or reduce car mass" with the implication being that the more important is listed first. They listed "Reduce" first. I take it as an acknowledgement that reducing the minimum weight will be a challenge. The future power unit is potentially going to be simpler, but they are also likely to increase the size of the battery pack. Even today some teams are struggling with weight. Red Bull is saying they are 10 Kg over minimum today.

In short, they no doubt would like to reduce the weight, but maybe feel that the best they can do is stop it from growing.

Richard