Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 3 May 2022, 18:15 (Ref:4108807)   #3949
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
What question is that?
Sorry, I wish the forum directly supported multi-level quotes. Maybe it does and I am doing something wrong.

So Greem said this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
We cannot go back. We cannot uninvent. Why keep looking to the past?
You replied (quoting the text above) with this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Because F1 rulemakers often make dumb, illogical decisions and don't learn from past mistakes.
Anyhow, back to my point. Your answer (at least to me) is totally disjointed from his question. I can make no logical connection between the two. Now, a a statement of fact, I can agree with your comment. I might make a slight tweak and say

Because F1 rulemakers often make dumb, illogical decisions and usually don't learn from past mistakes.

To Greem's comment (which I agree with), if I were to restate it and provide an example, it would be...

When fans try to 'fix' F1, they typically ask to revert back to older regulations that were in place during a magical era. Those regulations may have worked at that time and place, but given the increase in knowledge and technical capabilities we have now, we can't expect to get the same results when using those older regulations. As an example, use the 1988 regulations today and McLaren would not produce the MP4/4. It would be something that would look radically different.

Richard