View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3066341)   #125
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Thanks for the links. I've never seen one but have considered buying a 2002 for some time. I need something to tinker around with as my current toy is modern and not as fun to wrench on. It seems these 2000 hatches command a little more money than a sedan, but not too bad.

I am going to try not to buy a Triumph this weekend even though I will be around hundreds of them... I really shouldn't but I'd really like to have a TR4.
Back in high school and in my university years, I was always dreaming about 2002's and e21 3 series coupes and wanted to own one. At that time they were not that old and there were plenty about, cheap. Now the numbers are depleted significantly and the good ones command a strong premium with the 2002's in some cases getting up to $35000. Also they seem to have a lot of rust problems and quite a few of them need total restoration.

There is a red 1973 Tii up on ebay right now with bids around $10000 that needs a bit of TLC. In that ad, the seller mentions about 8000 tii's were built and only around 1000 remain.