View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3713634)   #25
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Richard, whilst you write about digital decay, another thing that users of the internet need to be wary of is that some history is being re-written to suit unknown agendas.

I happened to, only yesterday, look up articles on the history of a certain marque of car to refresh my memory. What I found is a complete re-write of timelines that was impossible to weave into my own movements from that time - we are talking about the 1980s.

What has seemed to have happened is that the timeline has been moved about 5 years, so instead of starting at the beginning of the 80s, every things now starts at around the middle of that decade. I think that this may have something to do with the fact that the manufacturer had great difficulty in meeting all the requirements of the regulators in the States, especially California. So, to save themselves blushes, it was much easier to re-write the timeline.

As your great leader, Abe Lincoln, once said: 'You can't trust everything that you read on the internet'.