View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2016, 12:27 (Ref:3678930)   #8
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I can't speak for domestic American viewing, because I've never watched it. But for international viewers, IMSA is basically perfect with the streaming.

It seems that IMSA needs to work on the domestic viewing package. International, I wouldn't change a thing personally.
I think you are correct on this. I think it is great that IMSA has top-notch international coverage, but what about the home product? Their target audience (for sponsorship $) is in North America, but they make it an awful hard sell for companies when we can't see the races with ease. Perhaps companies prefer to hear a race will be on cable though instead of being streamed live?

I don't know what it costs to produce a 10, 12 or 24 hour race, but the costs have to be pretty significant. So does the series simply want to cover production costs and get a tv deal, or do they want to try and make some money off the coverage?

edit: I guess a better way to state my question is, what is the point of a tv product? To let the fans seek it out who want to watch? Or to introduce the product to new fans? IMSA always thinks new fans are watching and puts all these segments about racing and tires and such into the broadcast as if new viewers are watching, but then puts the race on an obscure cable channel where only die hard fans will seek it out.

Last edited by joeb; 10 Oct 2016 at 12:42.