View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3834897)   #1201
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
do we know their budget for 2018? i would think that it would still be some ways off of RB.
No clue. My gut however is telling me that they should be (performance wise as I am ignoring your point about potential budget disparity) somewhere between Red Bull and Renault. Current championship points for those two are...

189 Red Bull Racing
62 Renault

That is a huge points spread for them to live in. But I wouldn't try to argue strongly for them being close to Red Bull Racing. As it stands now they are 18 points behind Renault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Stunning admission on the back of other news.

Suppose credit should be given to the zak brown media empire for not sugar coating/white washing of the team's troubles.
Frankly I am impressed at the amount of humble pie they are eating. So kudos to Zak on that. He mentions in that article that it will be "years" to correct their issues!

I will also say... if he has sold the shareholders on that timeline as well as him being part of the solution and not the problem. Again... kudos to him for pulling that off!

I can only speculate as to why they are having issues. Clearly Eric Boullier was pushed out. For many, there is the "bucks stops here" type of logic in that regardless of who is at fault, it reflects upon whoever is in charge. I personally am not a fan of that unless the person at the top really is part of the problem and that an exit is the best thing overall. I think that many times when that type of thing happens (racing or otherwise), it is more a message to the world that "We take this seriously!"

I think it was an interview with Sky Sports that was posted on YouTube in which Zak made comments about not being nimble. I can imagine their problem is that they have developed themselves into a corner and due to organizational/structural issues, can't easily find their way out. So maybe management is the issue? It seems that at the moment they have had correlation issues between their CFD/tunnel work and the on track reality. I don't know. All speculation on my part.

Richard